Saturday, February 27, 2010

a story of my friend..


Today, i'm not going anywhere.. just staying at my room doing some work.. as usual, i will open facebook then read and response all my friend posted. suddenly i conscious a note of my friend. she write something like a letter for her ex-boyfriend. hmmmm.. after reading her note, i'm glad she's okay now.. i ask her permission to post her note in my blog... my friend, i'm proud of you.

Dear Ex (wherever you are...),
How are you?
It's been a long time since we last saw each other. I remember that day very vividly, because it was my 22nd birthday. I was in the town with my parents, and I saw you drove by in that black Wira. You saw me too. Then you called me in my cellphone, I was at a shop next to Faho waiting for my mum to buy some chicken for dinner. In our last conversation, you sounded bad...in fact, I knew you're trying so hard to hold back your tears as you told me that you're getting married. I already knew that, it was your mistake. A mistake I've been trying to help you avoid...I've told you before, over a million times, but you wouldn't listen. You wouldn't listen to anyone not even to your mother. I felt sorry for her. She was such a nice lady the first time I met her. Back to our last conversation...I didn't get to say anything to you because you hung up, suddenly, but I knew you're crying. Crying alone in that black car. One thing I must admit, I had tears in my eyes too that day. Not because I loved you, but because I felt sorry for you. That day, you were scared and helpless. That's why you called me. It was typical you, when you get into trouble you confided in me. I became a shoulder for you to cry on, a pillar for you to lean on and a heavy duty rope for you to hang on to. But as soon as everything went well with you, I was forgotten for months until the next trouble came knocking on you door.

Dear Ex,
Months earlier, prior to your unfortunate 'tragedy', you called me asking for reconciliation. You said you wanted more from me. Exactly, what 'more' you wanted from me? Because I expected more from you too. I expected more respect, more love, more care, more everything...But you didn't understand. It was always all about you. Just you, but you forgot that this world does not only revolve around you. You've been very selfish so I said 'NO' to you about you and me getting back together. We weren't meant to be together, we never were. One of my bestfriends had been telling me the same thing, but I never listened. I nearly dug my own grave. You were so hard to resist. I succumed to you stupid lies and broken promises which were attached along with your good looks and irresistably sexy eyes. YES, I still find your eyes sexy. But the day I said 'NO' to you was a winning moment for me. I've had enough.

And yea, I got your wedding invitation. But I didn't go. I just couldn't find any logic reasons of my attending to your wedding. And you shouldn't have invited me too. You're my history, my past and you're no longer a part of me. I didn't even want to see you, not because I hated you (I never hold grudges against you or anyone else) but because I refused to be reminded of how foolish I was when I was still your so-called 'GF'. Frankly speaking, I was never your girlfriend, I never felt special with you. I was more of 'just a friend' to you and I, myself, couldn't figure out what exactly was your role in my life. You were such a douchebag and you always will be. Plus, I thought I loved you but I was just obsessed endlessly with you. I worshipped you to death.

Dear Ex,
Now I'm so much happier being on my own. Looking back, I realized I've wasted and missed so many things and I regretted that very deeply. I got so carried away with you and your false hope. When everything was done, you left me badly wounded, like a roadkill waiting to drew its' last breath in the scorching heat in the middle of a highway. God knows how strong I was to put on a happy face towards my family and friends when deep inside, I was truly heart-broken. I picked up the pieces, licked my own wound and eventually, I was cured. Ironically, I found that journey very inspiring. I loved how it transformed me into a wiser and better person. Thanks to you but now I'm free to pursue my dreams. Trust me, I have lots of dreams. Obviously, that is one thing you or anyone else could never take away from me.

Hey big daddy, I hope you have a nice and comfy life with your new family. And if you still thought that I will always love you, well, I HAVE MOVED ON!!! Besides, life is too short to be wasted on grieving over you. I'm no longer the person or the girl you used to know. I'm more beautiful than ever, extra stronger and smarter.

Yours truly,
ME

3 comments:

  1. Bel, terharu sy ko post 'surat' sy dlm blog ko.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hak penulis tetap terpelihara..hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  3. my heart goes out for this girlfriend of yours belle..ada certain part tu..mcm pernah merasa juak..

    ReplyDelete